Update, June 29:
Just before the launch of WoW Patch 9.1, Blizzard has announced another change to runecrafting on the official World of Warcraft forums:
- Until recently, it was still the case on the PTR that only newly built Shadowlands Legendaries received a socket slot. With the latest update, that changes! From now on, all Legendary items, whether newly built or upgraded, that can have a socket slot will also receive a socket slot.
- Currently, it is still possible that the preview of the item will not show a socket slot. The final item will definitely have the socket space. There will be a hotfix for this display bug.
Update, June 28:
Following the release of the patch notes and the new details on Legendary crafting, players have taken to the WoW Patch 9.1 PTR to address some unanswered questions. Here are the findings from the testing (via Wowhead):
- After the release of patch 9.1, if you craft white base items for your Legendary, they will always have a socket slot. However, it's not too relevant because:
- Whether or not your base white crafting item already has a socket slot, if you craft a new Legendary from it after the release of Patch 9.1, it will have a socket slot if the item slot allows socket slots (head, neck, bracers, belt, or ring slot).
- Whether or not your base white item already had a socket slot when it was crafted prior to patch 9.1, upgrading it after patch 9.1 will not give the Legendary a socket slot.
- Those who wish to socket existing Legendarys without a socket will need the corresponding Season 1 or Season 2 items for socketing: Spatial Realignment Apparatus / Alloy-Warping Facetor.
Original post from June 25:
Just under two weeks ago, we reported that WoW patch 9.1's new "Shard of Domination" system might force players to remake their legendary items from WoW (buy now €14.99 ): Shadowlands. But there's another reason why many a Shadowlands visitor has been building new Legendarys lately.
After the experience and knowledge gained from the PTR, players were unsure whether legendary items could be equipped with sockets directly after the update launch. The Spatial Realignment Device will no longer be available, and the Alloy Warping Facetorwill have to be unlocked. The plan is to provide the desired item with a socket before patch 9.1.
And here's where a small but subtle new feature comes into play that can quickly get lost in the very extensive patch notes of WoW patch 9.1:
- Newly created Helm, Neck, Bracer, Belt and Ring Runecarving armor pieces will now always be created with a socket.
Newly crafted Legendarys for the head, neck, bracers, belt, or ring slot will be provided with a socket slot without exception. Also new in Legendary land:
- There will be new recipes for upgrading existing Legendarys. The upgrade materials can be found in Korthia.
- The new Soul Embers Legendary Currency can be earned in Torghast levels 9 through 12, as well as through the Tormentor of Torghast event or the Maw Attacks.
- There will be new legendary memories for all pak skills.
- Some existing legendary memories will be adjusted.
- An additional armor slot will be added for various legendary memories.
WoW patch 9.1 Chains of Dominationwill be
released on June 30, 2021.Support buffed - it will only take a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Also read these interesting stories 0
buffedCast: #575 with WoW Lore, Fake Leaks and Destiny 2Episode 575 of the buffedCast is all about WoW Lore, the latest fake leaks and the new expansion to Destiny 2 . 0
WoW: Rextroy as (almost) immortal sorcererIn Rextroy's latest WoW video, he sets out as a near-immortal sorcerer to beat up Hordeans outside Orgrimmar and explore the world . 1
WoW: Blizzard finds no solution for Sylvanas lagsThe next WoW Shadowlands ID reset will fix some lags in the Sanctum of Domination, but Sylvanas remains a lag battle. 00:30WoW
: Trailer for Shadowlands Patch 9.1 - Chains of Domination
World of Warcraft from€14.99 05:16WoW
: Blizzard's Survival Guide for Patch 9.1 Chains of Domination World of Warcraft from€14.99 From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favourite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, with which we partially finance the free content of the website. 5