The people responsible for the website Raider.io talked to players Atlas, Goop and THD from Complexity Limit about the World-First-Race in Castle Nathria, the victory over Count Denathrius and some more. Below we have summarized the most important insights from the interview.
- According to THD, the fresh World-First victory in Castle Nathria feels better than the victory at the end of BfA because the biggest competitor Echo invested an enormous amount, more than in the tier stages before, and still lost out in the end.
- On the last night of Progress, Limit players slept especially little because they were sure they could lay Denathrius before the evening. On top of that, they had the Echo guild breathing down their necks, which got better and better as the raid went on and did well with Denathrius. Limit, on the other hand, had lost several hours of progress to maintenance. It wasn't easy to fall asleep.
- Because it was so close on the last few days (sometimes guilds were in the same place at the same time with the same boss life points), players rate the last World First Race as one of the most exciting ever in WoW history.
- The Progress race in the course of big streaming events brings completely new challenges. Limit definitely doesn't want to skip the stream for most of the day, for example, to avoid showing the competition what strategy they're going to use to knock Boss X down. That would torpedo the entire event. For short periods of time, however, they see such a streaming break as a justifiable means of gaining a small advantage in the end.
- Limit members can well understand the frustration of EU players regarding the later ID change. They would prefer a worldwide simultaneous ID launch and even cross-region server connections, but don't think Blizzard will take that step because of the World First Race. Meanwhile, they are not a fan of offering some sort of tournament server for the World First Race.
- The battle against Silt Fist is one of the highlights in Castle Nathria. On Mythic, the fight is not only a lot of fun, it's also been perfectly balanced. The guild also liked the portal mechanics on Xy'mox. It was a completely different story with the Stone Legion generals. The countless bugs were partly funny, but often very frustrating.
- Denathrius tends to be one of the easier final bosses in WoW history, but is also one of the most fun and visually impressive. Top 5 material for one or two players.
- Unholy Death Knights are extremely strong on the last two bosses in Nathria, and Marksmanship Hunters and their crazy AoE burst are impossible to pass up on Stone Legion Generals.
- Overall, Castle Nathria would get an 8 or 9 out of 10 from Limit. The balancing and tuning was really good in many cases, exceptions like the generals were few. The battles are fun and the anticipation for the upcoming raids is great.
- Progress over Christmas would not have been a big problem for Limit. When someone asked at a meeting what they would do if Denathrius wasn't defeated by Christmas, one officer replied: "Then we'll just raid at Christmas. That was the end of the issue.
- The fact that at times more than 200,000 people watched the streams did not affect the players much. During the progress phase, everyone is so focused that you don't really look at the chat, or hardly at all.
- Limit sees the pacts as a potentially big problem. As soon as Blizzard implements changes that shift the balancing of the pacts, they have to make a corresponding change and start the Anima grind all over again. The media are quite boringly designed, with only the finesse and resistance media having some exciting options. Players are quite happy with the design of the Legendarys.
- In the week following the World First Kill, several Mythic runs took place to equip the Twinks as well. In addition, boost runs for high-level Keystones or Heroic Nathria were held in large numbers to pay off the debt built up during the Progress phase as quickly as possible. After this week alone, Limit was able to pay back 50 million gold.
How did you enjoy Castle Nathria? How far has your raid come so far? Let us know in the comments!Support buffed - it will only take a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts about World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed free of charge in the future in the form we're used to.
That's why we're turning to you now. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content free of charge in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Advertisement: Order World of Warcraft now on AmazonAlso read these interesting stories 0
WoW: Deep wind shot - PvP brawl starting August 18WoW PvP Brawl: Starting August 18, a special variant of the Deepwind Gulch battleground will be available. Here's the news! 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs poll on Phase 2 raidsOn Warcraftlogs, you can currently have your say on exactly how the World First race in TBC Classic Phase 2 will be rated. 3
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints for patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? The finding of some dataminers gives hope for patch 9.1.5. 02:03WoW
: Arena World Championship 2021 - "Road to Glory" Trailer World of Warcraft from€14.99 From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favorite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website. 6