After Torghast was adjusted a few times and the Winding Corridors were introduced, the Dungeon Master's dungeons turned out to be a very good feature of WoW Shadowlands. However, just three months after the expansion's release, it is foreseeable that without new features and rewards, Torghast will become uninteresting for players for a short period of time.
What are the problems with Torghast?
First of all, not everything is bad about Torghast. Preach just worries that the feature shouldn't be allowed to go to waste. And unfortunately, that's what it looks like at the moment. Torghast has a lot of potential.
- The truly endless levels have been turned into a slimmed down version to give casual players a way to complete Torghast without having to spend several hours there. Unfortunately, fewer hallways also mean fewer Animaboni and thus less fun.
- Even with over 100 Animaboni in the Winding Corridors, you're still always going for the same build or bonuses. In the future, more exciting animaboni would need to be added. Unlike in real roguelikes, the Sinuous Corridors play mostly identical to the previous run due to the always the same bonuses, which is not a roguelike experience at all.
- The incentive for the normal runs (6 levels) is no longer there after making the Legendarys and eats up too much time for Twinks. Soul ash alone also doesn't feel particularly rewarding for the time spent.
- What made the island grind bearable at the end of BfA were the cosmetic rewards. There are far too few of those in Torghast at the moment, though. Even the mount for the Maw isn't much of an incentive if you're out to farm as much Stygia as possible in the Maw.
- In Roguelikes, it's quite normal to die at the end against the final boss - it's not the end of the world. In WoW (buy now 14,99 € ), on the other hand, it's a bit different - here the focus is on the reward at the end and failure is very depressing. Sure, you can play Winding Corridors just to have fun like in a roguelike. But mostly in WoW you go into the dungeon to complete it successfully - especially if you've invested almost two hours, for example.
How can Torghast be improved in the future?
- Catch Up for Twinks (for the normal levels)
- Soul ash via Twisted Corridors
- More cosmetic rewards
- More/changing animaboni per run
- More little Easter Eggs, features like the levels of the tomb, etc.
- Rewards for super fast runs like in roguelikes
- Better class balance as far as the game allows it
What do you think of Torghast right now? What would you change about the normal levels and winding corridors? Write us in the comments.Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed free of charge in the future in the form we're used to.
That's why we're turning to you now. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content free of charge in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Also read these interesting stories 0
WoW: Deep wind shot - PvP brawl from 18. AugustWoW PvP Brawl: Starting on August 18, a special variant of the Deepwind Gulch battleground will be available. Here's the news! 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs poll about phase 2 raidsOn Warcraftlogs, you can currently have your say on exactly how the World First race in TBC Classic Phase 2 will be rated. 3
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints for patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? The finding of some dataminers gives hope for patch 9.1.5. 02:03WoW
: Arena World Championship 2021 - "Road to Glory" Trailer World of Warcraft from€14.99 From Sebastian Glanzer
Absolute Blizzard fanboy. Haters gonna hate Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website. 13