Update, June 29:
With the regional ID reboot on Wednesday (June 30), Blizzard will make the changes tested on the PTR for Feral Druids (see original post) live on the WoW: Burning Crusade Classic live servers. Cats will once again receive 20 energy every two seconds, and they should never receive partial energy ticks outside of this 2-second loop. Here are the official patch notes for this hotfix:
Burning Crusade Classic
- [With regional restarts] Feral Druids now receive 20 Energy every 2 seconds, and their Energy should never get a partial tick outside of that 2-second loop.
- Developers' note: With careful timing, Cat Druids should be able to receive their full 20 Energy regeneration tick immediately after shifting.
Original news from June 25:
With the pre-patch of WoW (buy now 14,99 € ): Burning Crusade Classic, an important little thing has changed with the Feral Druid, which was implemented into the game at the time with patch 2.2:
"Power Regeneration: Any effect that changes the rate of power regeneration (mana, rage, energy, focus) will now immediately credit an amount equal to the old regeneration rate, and about 2 seconds later, time intervals will begin at the new regeneration rate. This change improves the functionality of spells like Evocation and Stimulate, which previously could fail to use time intervals."
However, this change also ensures that powershifting as in Classic is no longer possible, which displeases many cat fans. In addition, there was fear within the community that there could now be a new meta around Weak Trollblood Potionto get additional power out of the rotation.
Blizzard has collected player feedback and has now addressed the issue in detail on the official WoW forums. Here are the key findings:
- A conversation with the designer responsible for the change at the time revealed that the Patch 2.2 adjustment was not intended as a mitigation for Feral Druids. So, in the end, the result did not meet the developers' intended goal. Therefore, there was already with patch 3.0.2 again an adjustment for the energy regeneration of druids.
- In addition, the adjustments made to the spell-batching for TBC Classic actually exacerbated the timing problem for Druids with the patch 2.2 change.
- As a result, the developers have decided to reset the energy regeneration to the 2-second cycle. There will no longer be an influence on the energy regeneration rate. So cats will receive 20 energy every two seconds. There will be no partial ticks outside of this 2-second loop. By timing your powershifting well, you can get the full 20 energy after shapeshifting.
How do you rate this customization for Feral Druids? Are you satisfied or would you have preferred a different solution? Tell us in the comments!Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Also read these interesting stories 0
buffedCast: #575 with WoW Lore, Fake Leaks and Destiny 2Episode 575 of the buffedCast is all about WoW Lore, the latest fake leaks and the new expansion to Destiny 2 . 0
WoW: Rextroy as an (almost) immortal sorcererIn Rextroy's latest WoW video, he sets out as a near-immortal sorcerer to beat up Hordeans outside Orgrimmar and explore the world . 1
WoW: Blizzard finds no solution for Sylvanas lagsThe next WoW Shadowlands ID reset will fix some lags in the Sanctum of Domination, but Sylvanas remains a lag battle. 05:44WoW
: Blizzard's Survival Guide for Burning Crusade Classic (Video) World of Warcraft from€14.99 From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favourite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, with which we partially finance the free content of the website. 0