As you know, the second Mythic Season of WoW: Shadowlands will start on July 07. And part of this season is of course the Mythic Dungeon International (MDI), where the best dungeon teams from the Shadowlands compete against each other.
On the official WoW website, Blizzard officials have now revealed the framework for the second MDI season - including prize pool, group format, and dates. Here are the most important changes and information:
- The prize pool will be $380,000
- Season 2 will see sweeping changes as organizers say goodbye to cups and introduce a new structure.
- In Season 1, teams struggled with the high time requirements as they had to compete in weekly time trials just to have a chance at competing in the televised Cups. This format led to player exhaustion and took some tension out of matches, as often the same teams advanced to Cups each week.
- In Season 2, the developers are introducing a new three-phase system that should reduce the demands on teams. At the same time, it also ensures that every single moment counts. Time trials will determine which teams advance to the group stage, where there will be prizes worth a total of $80,000 spread over four weekends. The top six teams from the Global Region, the top team from China, and one team from the new Last Stand tournament will advance to the Global Finals, where a prize pool of $300,000 awaits.
WoW: The group format for Shadowlands' second MDI Season. Source: Blizzard PHASE 1: TIME TRIAL (AUGUST 18-24).
- Any eligible team can register on GameBattles from now until August 16. After that, all teams will compete in the Time Trial from August 18-24, and the top 24 teams from the Global region will advance to Phase 2.
PHASE 2: GROUP STAGE (SEPTEMBER 3-19).
- The top 24 teams will be divided into three groups of eight teams, and one group will compete each weekend. Affixes and keystone difficulty vary from group to group, and teams have a week to prepare for their matches. They share a weekly prize pool of $20,000 USD and the top two teams from each group advance to the Global Finals.
PHASE 3: LAST STAND TOURNAMENT (DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED THIS SUMMER)
- All remaining teams will compete in a final open time trial and the top six teams will advance to the "Last Stand" tournament. Teams will face a format similar to The Great Push. They will have 15 hours at the tournament to complete keystones in various dungeons as quickly as possible. We'll have more details for you soon, like the final dates for the time trial and the broadcast weekend before the start of Season 2.
WoW: The "MDI Time Trials" Dates Source: Blizzard In addition to the group structure, teams in Season 2 will also compete in Shadowlands dungeons using a new season affix. So head over to GameBattles to register for a chance to win a total prize pool of $380,000 USD as well as the Season 2 MDI 2021 Global Championship title!
What's the score: Will you be following the second MDI season? Tell us in the comments!Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Advertisement: Order World of Warcraft now on AmazonAlso read these interesting stories 0
buffedCast: #575 with WoW lore, fake leaks and Destiny 2Episode 575 of the buffedCast is all about the WoW Lore, the latest fake leaks and the new expansion for Destiny 2 . 0
WoW: Rextroy as (almost) immortal sorcererIn Rextroy's latest WoW video, he sets out as a near-immortal sorcerer to beat up Hordeans outside Orgrimmar and explore the world . 1
WoW: Blizzard finds no solution for Sylvanas lagsThe next WoW Shadowlands ID reset will fix some lags in the Sanctum of Domination, but Sylvanas remains a lag battle. 01:31WoW
Patch 9.1: The launch trailer for Chains of Domination is here (German) World of Warcraft from€14.99 From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favourite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the homepage to the gallery The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, with which we partially finance the free content of the website. 0